Abigail Saenz is a Colombian-American writer from Jacksonville, FL living in London, England.
Abigail moved to the UK in 2021 to pursue a Masters in Scriptwriting at Goldsmiths, University of London. Before that, she worked in local TV and documentary film production for over 10 years. She’s studied improv, sketch, and humor writing at The Second City in Chicago and The Free Association in London. In 2021 she was one of seven screenwriters chosen for the National Hispanic Media Coalition’s Latinx Stream Showcase where she presented her short, Hermanas. When she’s not writing, Abigail can be found tormenting the people of East London by singing Celine Dion's greatest hits while riding her bike.
Abigail likes to write dark comedy featuring rebellious ladies of color. The rule-breaking, ass-kicking kind of gals that scare the absolute shit out of her.
• Managed the daily show from the control room, handling all editorial duties, back-timing, social on-air feeds, talent communication and all matters related to the live production of the show
• Generated fresh ideas and met with production staff and hosts to develop program segments
• Worked with WJXT’s Sales Department to secure and deliver quality/entertaining segments
• Oversaw program’s web/social presence; developed new audience outreach models
• Wrote and edited copy for on-air, web site, and promotional use
• Posted social media content consistently for program and promotional purposes
• Worked with other producers to respond to listener requests and emails
• Developed long-term coverage ideas for the show, including special segments, sales initiatives, fun and entertaining segment ideas, fresh/compelling content
• Worked with the staff on-site at live location for River City Live, before, during, and after a live broadcast
• Recorded and edited video
WJCT is a PBS and NPR member station located in Jacksonville, FL.
Produced and coordinated the production of WJCT’s Auction, Pledge drives and Underwriting Spots. Worked closely with the production department to assemble all elements needed. Also supported contract production client needs.
• Oversaw all aspects of assigned projects from planning and pre-production through production and
• Conferred with staff of auction and pledge events in order to coordinate details.
• Worked with Corporate Marketing department to create spots for clients.
• Planned and developed programs, agendas, talent, and services for live and pre-tape events.
• Composed timeline for all shows.
• Arranged the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, and other event needs.
• Composed and edited scripts.
Researched, produced, and edited segments for Hometown, a monthly magazine program highlighting people, places, and events in the Jacksonville area. Helped organize and produce WJCT’s contribution to CPB’s American Graduate initiative.
Set up studio, floor directed, and operated teleprompter for Action News This Morning. Also assisted producers by writing teases, stories, webscripts and managing Action News This Morning’s Pinterest page.
Conducted research on comic book superheroes for editors, organized stills, footage, and audio files using FileMaker Pro, merged and re-sized images using Photoshop, conformed script as film was edited, and ran general errands for the production team.
Directed, technical directed, operated camera, operated prompter, and created basic graphics in Chyron computer for Florida Statements, 5 minute interview segments.
Transcribed interviews, calculated time code, and fact checked for University Update, 1-2 minute segments meant to keep students up to date on events happening in the FSU community.
I researched John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and political and social events of the 60s and 70s, I located and organized stock footage, printed and scanned archival images, calculated time code, and ran errands for the production office.
MA in Scriptwriting