I'm Abigail Saenz, a TV producer and videographer. I'm currently stationed in Jacksonville, FL, but am ready and willing to travel anywhere for exciting projects!
I'm just your average Colombian-American, theater and television nerd who knows more "30 Rock" quotes than she should and who can sing through the entire "A Chorus Line" soundtrack (Original cast recording, thankyaverymuch!). I was incredibly popular in high school.
I love telling stories and turning simple footage into engaging narrative. Documentary-style videos are my bread and butter. Bread and butter is also my bread and butter.
Producer – River City Live at WJXT Channel 4
September 2015 – Present Jacksonville, FL
• Managed the daily show from the control room, handling all editorial duties, back-timing, social on-air feeds, talent communication and all matters related to the live production of the show
• Generated fresh ideas and met with production staff and hosts to develop program segments
• Worked with WJXT’s Sales Department to secure and deliver quality/entertaining segments
• Oversaw program’s web/social presence; developed new audience outreach models
• Wrote and edited copy for on-air, web site, and promotional use
• Posted social media content consistently for program and promotional purposes
• Worked with other producers to respond to listener requests and emails
• Developed long-term coverage ideas for the show, including special segments, sales initiatives, fun and entertaining segment ideas, fresh/compelling content
• Worked with the staff on-site at live location for River City Live, before, during, and after a live broadcast
• Recorded and edited video
Freelance Video Producer at Abigail Saenz Videography
September 2014 – Present
Development Producer at WJCT
November 2012 – September 2014 Jacksonville, FL
WJCT is a PBS and NPR member station located in Jacksonville, FL.
Produced and coordinated the production of WJCT’s Auction, Pledge drives and Underwriting Spots. Worked closely with the production department to assemble all elements needed. Also supported contract production client needs.
• Oversaw all aspects of assigned projects from planning and pre-production through production and
• Conferred with staff of auction and pledge events in order to coordinate details.
• Worked with Corporate Marketing department to create spots for clients.
• Planned and developed programs, agendas, talent, and services for live and pre-tape events.
• Composed timeline for all shows.
• Arranged the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, and other event needs.
• Composed and edited scripts.
Associate Content Producer at WJCT
July 2012 – November 2012 Jacksonville, FL
Researched, produced, and edited segments for Hometown, a monthly magazine program highlighting people, places, and events in the Jacksonville area. Helped organize and produce WJCT’s contribution to CPB’s American Graduate initiative.
Production Assistant at Action News Jacksonville
December 2011 – July 2012 Jacksonville, FL
Set up studio, floor directed, and operated teleprompter for Action News This Morning. Also assisted producers by writing teases, stories, webscripts and managing Action News This Morning’s Pinterest page.
Production Intern – Superheroes at Ghostlight Films
May 2011 – August 2011 New York, NY
Conducted research on comic book superheroes for editors, organized stills, footage, and audio files using FileMaker Pro, merged and re-sized images using Photoshop, conformed script as film was edited, and ran general errands for the production team.
Student/Intern at WFSU
August 2010 – December 2010 Tallahassee, FL
Directed, technical directed, operated camera, operated prompter, and created basic graphics in Chyron computer for Florida Statements, 5 minute interview segments.
Transcribed interviews, calculated time code, and fact checked for University Update, 1-2 minute segments meant to keep students up to date on events happening in the FSU community.
American Masters Intern – LENNONYC (2010 Peabody Award Winner) at Thirteen/WNET
June 2010 – August 2010 New York, NY
I researched John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and political and social events of the 60s and 70s, I located and organized stock footage, printed and scanned archival images, calculated time code, and ran errands for the production office.
Master of Science at New School University
2012 – Present New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Media/Communication Studies at The Florida State University
2010 – 2011 Tallahassee, FL
High School and I.B. Diplomas at Stanton College Preparatory
2004 – 2008 Jacksonville, FL